Monday, November 2, 2009

Happy Halloween!

Isabel loved Halloween this year! I had no idea she would enjoy the whole costume thing and trick or treating so much, I thought she was too young, buy boy was I wrong!
First of all, she absolutely loved her costume. Every time she puts it on, she goes in front of the mirror and starts posing and twirling, it's so cute. She is really into Mickey's Clubhouse, and anything princess, so being Minnie Mouse meant not only dressing like one of her favorite characters, but also being a princess (the fact that the costume was pink and had glitter, made it a princess costume too). She called herself 'Princess Minnie House'. My in laws came over as she was getting dressed, and got to see all the twirling and dancing.
I went trick or treating with Sophia and Isabel while it was still light and not so cold outside. I loved her soft little knocks on people's doors followed by a shy 'Treeeat' (we never managed to get her to say 'trick or treat' together). She thought it was great people were putting candy in her little bag. She would then say 'thek you' and run to the next house. She also really enjoyed the pumpkins around the neighborhood. Every time she saw one, she would yell 'Bucket!' (it took me a couple of times to realize she was saying pumpkin). I loved her reaction to other kids costumes. When she saw a dinosaur or a little monster she would say 'scarry!', and any girl with a shiny dress was "oh, princess!'.
When it got dark we came back home so Sophia could eat, but Isabel went right back outside with Mike to go trick or treating some more. After trick or treating with dad, we went to my parents' house to show off our Princess Minnie House and our little Peapod.
I have to say, Halloween is a lot more fun when you have kids, I realy enjoyed it this year because of them! (by the way, it's Monday morning now. Isabel got out of her pajamas this morning and straight into her costume again, ears and all!)





7 comments:

The Murray Files said...

So cute! Her Minnie Mouse costume is adorable. I also love halloween with kids. So much fun to see it dawn on them that people are giving them candy.

Jaimee said...

so cute! we miss you guys! let's meet for dinner soon!

Debora said...

Yay! About time you updated :) I love Minnie House! She is so cute! I can't believe how big sophia is! She was just a little pea last time I saw her, now she can fill up the whole pod! Who let her get so big!?

Helga said...

So cute!!! I was there this weekend, but couldn't get a hold of you. Hope all is well :) Thanks for being such a good friend. I love you!

Winnow D. Asael said...

Cute little kiddos! I like how Isabel like to pose for the camera! Looking forward to seeing you all at the holidays..

Emily said...

Oh how cute! I agree, halloween is a ton of fun with kids. This year was a really fun year for the twin as well.

BTW, I've been meaning to get you to post pics of Sophia's room for my sister in law who's adopting a girl in about two weeks. Her room is blue and I told her she needs to look at your room.

mccollaum fam said...

You guys have the cutest family! I mean along with all my other siblings cutest families!!!! : ) Wish we could see you more often, but for now thanks for the posts! Give everyone kisses from us! Love, Denise