Sunday, July 27, 2008

Family Reunion

We had a very good time at the reunion this weekend. It was great to sit, relax a little (as much as you can at least when you have toddlers), and enjoy great company. It was so cute seeing all our little ones playing and discovering things together.
I was surprised with how much we enjoyed learning about our ancestors. Grandma put a fireside together for the whole extended family in which we talked about our ancestors' legacy of faith, sacrifice, and commitment. Each couple was supposed to share a story of one ancestor. Grandma and grandpa asked us to read some stories they had given us, and prepare to present at the fireside while they took care of our kids. At first we were all complaining a bit and being silly, but once we started reading, we became really interested in the stories. We quieted down, and every once and a while I could hear a "wow" here, or a "can you believe that" there. I was very impressed with the great ancestors we have.
We had some not so spiritual moments that were pretty interesting too. It is always funny when siblings get together and start talking about how mean one was to the other, or how crazy they were in the past. We had a pretty candid conversation on Friday night... I'll just say it was interesting... those who were there will probably agree with me :)
We missed those who couldn't be there with us. We gotta figure out a way to all get together sometime, even if we have to use webcams for that.
Well, this post is getting pretty long, so I'll stop here. I did post the pictures I took on flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/upoopoo/sets/72157606407322022 so you guys who weren't there can see a little of what we did. I tried to write some descriptions of most pictures. I have to say I don't have the talent Winnow has for story telling, so the descriptions are pretty straight forward. Also, I'm a very biased parent of a very cute girl, so there are a lot of pictures of her. Here is also a little video showing how much she liked the Canyon. Enjoy!


11 comments:

Lori said...

Oh it looks like you had so much fun:) You're lucky to have such a faithful family! We missed you guys at church today. I think Sean and Isabel need to hang out b/c I think that's when he started really wanting to walk- seeing her do it. She's the cool older girl next door- he's gotta keep up:)
Talk to you later!

Jaimee said...

Cute video!! Let's go to dinner soon!

Helga said...

Camila!

I don't know if Mike told you... I called but you guys were going to the Family Reunion... Too bad I didn't have a chance to see you guys :( Oh crap. Well, I'm going to try to go there in a couple weeks, but I'll be there FOR SURE the weekend of the 15th. I gotta see you guys! By the way, that video of Bel taking a bath in the tanquinho almost made me cry. She's so CUTE!!! Love you guys!

Winnow D. Asael said...

Oh, thank you, thank you Camila!! I'm so sad I wasn't able to be there with you all :( but I'm glad to hear everyone had a good time. Great photos and narration and I LOVE that bath video! She is an enthusiastic bather!

SuperSpencer said...

That farmer's tan is so AWESOME!! How stinking cute!

Amy Wilson said...

I love that video :)

Jessie said...

Isabel's so cute you guys! I wish I could've been there for the reunion. We missed you guys, thanks for posting about it, it sounded really fun!
Jessie

ali-dot-e said...

Hey friends I found your blog through Jaimee's I hope you don't mind!! How are things? How's the house? We miss you!!!

mccollaum fam said...

The reunion looked so fun! I wish we could have been there to see everybody! I miss you all!!! Please everyone else with pictures please please post them!

The Murray Files said...

Hey! She is so cute. You guys look like you are having lots of fun. I am so glad you found my blog because when we updated the computer forever ago I lost your address.

Sarah said...

Hi, Camila and Mike! How fun this sounds. Wish my family had done something like that.