Tuesday, January 27, 2009

It's a girl!

I had my ultrasound this month, and we now know we are having another girl! Not a big surprise there, after all Mike says they only know how to make girls in his family. Sophia is doing great, everything is as it's supposed to be at this point. She also is quite the kicker. It feels like she throws parties in my tummy every night (well, not that different from what her sister used to do, she was also quite the hyperactive baby)!
I'm very happy to have another little baby to put little dresses and bows on. I'm not sure what I would do with a boy. I mean, we do still want a boy at some point, but for now we are very happy with our two little girls!
I realized the other day that it had been quite silly of me to have by blog address be lifewithisabel.blogspot.com. I did change the title now, hopefully little Sophia (yes, that will be her name) won't feel less important for only having her name in the title.
Well, besides life with the babies, we are getting ready to spend 2 weeks in Brazil in the end of February. We can't wait to go! The cold here is getting pretty old, and we are ready for some time at the beach and with our relatives. My grandparents are very excited to meet Isabel, and I can't wait to see how she reacts to having Portuguese around her all the time (we do speak only Portuguese to her at home, but she gets mostly English otherwise).
Oh, it sounds like Isabel finished her breakfast, I better go get her...

9 comments:

Clara Schettini said...

Que bom...a meninas são realmente mais legais quando se trata de enfeitar...hehhe
Parabéns...
sophia é um nome lindo!

FitNotQuitJess said...

CONGRATS! I hope everything is going well. Love the updates! Sophia is a pretty name.

The Tchongas said...

The name Sophia is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Wishing you lots of health througout the rest of the pregnancy, and see you Feb 7 :)

Emily said...

I love that name. What does it mea in Portuguese, or is it just a name?

The Murray Files said...

I am so excited for you. Little girls are such fun. Have fun in Brazil. I am jealous.

The Bryan's said...

YAY! Congrats!!! How fun! Sophia is a cute name. Have fun in Brazil. Lucas loved having everybody around him speaking in Portuguese. It will be fun. Eat a lot of good food for me :)

ali-dot-e said...

Congratulations to you! The little girls will be the best of playmates, if little Sophia can live through her big sister mauling her!! Fun!

mccollaum fam said...

Yay! We are so excited to be having another little neice! Have a great time in Brazil! Pete is wishing he could go too! Love you guys! And take care of your sweet little family!

Helga said...

Bels eh tao linda!!! Queria ter ficado mais tempo la com voces... Olivia nasce esse sabado ou domingo. Kika vai ser induzida provavelmente :) Beijao