Sunday, June 1, 2008

Busy Month

We've had a pretty busy month around here. With the purchase of the new house, we decided to do some improvements to our condo to make it sell faster. With that purpose in mind we just underwent a month a painting everything that hadn't been painted yet (now we have two tone paint throughout the house), painting our kitchen cabinets (not we have beautiful antique white cabinets), and redoing our living, kitchen and hallway flooring (we found a good deal on this beautiful laminate). So pretty much the condo looks great now (or so we think) and we hope buyers will think so too.
Everybody asks me (Camila) now that things are almost done and it looks so good if we don't want to just stay, especially after all the work we put into it. My answer is "no, thank you". I'm so tired of all this mess that I'm very ready to move into our new place. It is true that I'll definitely miss my many friends here and even our condo (it's been a great place for us, and we really do like it), but I've prepared myself enough that I'm ready for this new phase.
Sorry we have no pictures to show. We don't have our camera at the moment, but we'll take pictures in order to to list the condo this week, and we'll post them later here.
Anyway, I hope everything is going well with all of you. I'm sorry if we've been ignoring some of the family stuff lately. I hope my Italian nieces and nephews are having great birthdays (how do you say birthday in Italian?). We've tried hard to check blogs and stuff. Hopefully we'll have a get together here soon!
Oh, I forgot to tell you. Isabel has been walking for about a month now (only she was too chicken to let go and walk around besides going just from mommy to daddy). She now decided she is a big enough girl to let go and explore around a bit more. Fun, huh?!

5 comments:

Amy Wilson said...

oh, very cool. i want to see the condo before it sells; sounds nice. i really want to paint my cabinets. the color they are now really clashes with every other color in those rooms. in fact, i could really use some design advice, miss interior decorator. i want to see bells walk. sweet.

mccollaum fam said...

Camilla, I feel your pain! Been there done that! I wish I could say that I'm complete, but I'm far from it! Whenever we move back home I'll have to take up where I left off again! And we just keep moving into new houses where I have to figure out new things there too!

Emily said...

let us know if we can help!

Winnow D. Asael said...

Wow, what a lot of DIY! (I can't even manage to finish stripping the peeling paint off my bathroom wall.) I'm very excited to see a video of Isabel walking!!

Jacki Wilson said...

It was our privilege and Dad's pain ("there must needs be opposition in all things") to be a part of the moving party last Saturday. It really is fun for me to see progress--usually someone else's--and a move is definitely major progress. Thank heaven for family and the support they give and receive to and from one another. I'm so glad for our large and growing family. Love you all!